Friday, November 14, 2008

Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky EP (2008)




Genre: folk metal, viking metal, pagan metal, black metal
About: Quite possibly the most epic EP of all time. Starts off with the epic and varied self-titled song, weighing in at almost 30 minutes, then two re-recordings of old songs, and two covers, For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica cover), Back to North (Merciless cover).

This EP sees a set of visitors in form of actor Turkka Mastomäki, Olav Eira
(Áigi), Tomi Koivusaari (Amorphis), Oppu Laine (Mannhai) and Janne Perttilä
(Rytmihäiriö/Moonsorrow), all of whom contributed vocals.

From Finland, of course.

LINK REMOVED DUE TO COMPLAINT (This is why I mostly post underground stuff and my blog has so few followers) I have my own views about music sharing... I will leave it for another day. In essence, I would never be a fan of an awesome band such as Moonsorrow if it wasn't for it. If i really feel an artist deserved my hard earned money, I will do so. (Such as, i have purchased every Metallica and Rhapsody of Fire album on CD) If not, i should at least be able to hear it! Eh... not quite what i wanted to say but oh well.

However, you should definitely check this album out elsewhere.
BUY from official Moonsorrow shop

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin